This three day Learn to Lead Trad course (Spain) covers the basic skills of lead climbing traditional routes, concentrating on placing protection and building safe anchors. Not all crags you go to when climbing will be bolted and so having completed the Learn to Lead – Trad course will allow you to visit a wider range of crags that require the skill of using traditional placements.
- Maximum ratio is 1:3
- Lead Belaying
- Traditional Protection
- Building Anchors
- Lead Climbing
- Using a guide book
- Climbing calls and communication
- Basic understandings of outdoor risks
- Building confidence
- Lots of quality climbing
- For climbers who have done some climbing outdoors
Who’s It For?
- For Climbers who have done some climbing outdoors
- For Climbers who want to learn how to place their own protection
- For Climbers who want to become independent Trad Climbers
The next step in your climbing career
The Trad climbing improver course is a great natural progression after this course. Other popular courses after having aquired the skills for lead climbing on trad gear, are our Multi-pitch climbing course and our Self-Rescue training.